1. Kansas (1) – Kansas again handled their opponent. Offense looked shaky (what’s with the awful snaps?), defense looked great, special teams was…special. Some positives from this game but a few questions arose, but mainly ones that Mangino should be able to fix.
2. Nebraska (2) – Cornhusker’s running game disappeared but their passing game was on. Nebraska is still looking good.
3. Missouri (3) – The Tigers came back from down 20-6 to win 27-20… Not buying into Missouri being legit yet.
4. Iowa State (4) – Iowa State lost by 35, but they’re still showing they’re better than Kansas State and Colorado right now…
T-5. Kansas State (5) – Pathetic…not much more to say
T-5. Colorado (6) – Another loss… Gave up 54 points to Toledo.
1. Texas (1) – Staying the course…Although, they were down 6-3 at one point.
2. Oklahoma (3) -Won big over Idaho State. Landry Jones came out with a big game. Maybe they won’t be in such bad shape if they can get Bradford back before the Red River Shootout.
3. Oklahoma State (2) – Lost to Houston at home after the biggest win in school history. Pretty disappointing loss.
4. Texas Tech (6) – Tech came to impress.. Seven TDs for Taylor Potts and no INTs. Had three INTs last week. Big improvement and moved up ahead of the idle teams.
5. Texas A&M (4) – Idle this week…
6. Baylor (5) – Idle this week…
Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week – Taylor Potts, Texas Tech – Seven touchdowns and zero interceptions. This is a given for POTW.
Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week – Kansas defense – I know this is an individual award, but the Jayhawks really impressed me today. 4 total rushing yards for UTEP against Kansas. Forced five sacks and an INT. Take out the 75-yard touchdown pass, and Kansas only gave up 133 total yards in the game.
Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week – Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State – I didn’t see much out of special teams except a 82-yard kick return for a touchdown from Bryant. He also had 33 kick return yards. All I know is that Jacob Branstetter won’t be receiving any votes.