1. Kansas (1) – Kansas looked poised for a big offensive showing after putting up 200 yards of offense in the first quarter (which in my opinion was the best Kansas has looked in the first half all season) but struggled for the rest of the game. The secondary had major issues as usual but was even more exposed as the pass rush wasn’t as great as it has been in the first three games. Austin Davis is a great quarterback, but there are better QBs in the Big 12 that will eat this secondary alive. The pass rush cannot perform like this against Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Missouri if KU wants to win the North. The Jayhawks did a great job on Fletcher, who is a very talented running back. Opurum had a great game, but fumbled the ball late in the game and almost cost Kansas the game. Freshman mistake…and Jake Sharp will be back next week.
2. Nebraska (2) – Beat up an awful La.-Lafayette, 55-0. Staying the course…
3. Missouri (3) -Beat a very mediocre Nevada and didn’t look great doing so…
4. Iowa State (4) – Got another win this week against Army.
5. Colorado (5) – Idle this week…
6. Kansas State (6) -Beat up on poor Tenn. Tech 49-7. Wildcats are still pathetic, though.
1. Texas (1) – Killed UTEP at home. They are still obviously the team to beat in the South.
2. Oklahoma (2) – Idle this week and take on Miami this Saturday. Need to beat them if they want to stay in this spot.
3. Oklahoma State (3) – Put up 56 on Grambling State at home. Congratulations.
4. Texas A&M (4) – A&M may actually be for real…We’ll see how they do against Arkansas next week.
5. Texas Tech (5) – Went on the road and had their heart ripped out by Houston. Valiant effort, but they have the most losses in the Big 12 South.
6. Baylor (6) – Baylor put up a record 68 points, but lost their quarterback for the rest of the season.