Lots of news regarding Kansas basketball this week besides KU media day.
- The first KU basketball practice of the season is in the books
- Bill Self to ESPN’s Dana O’Neil: Wiggins “has been marginal.”
- CBS names Andrew Wiggins their preseason Player of the Year
- Former Jayhawk Zach Peters is now cleared by the NCAA to play this season. He’s awaiting medical clearance now
- Sports Illustrated named Kansas the top current basketball program
- New documentary on Wilt Chamberlain, which includes never before seen footage
- Brannen Greene had to pay a $560 fine and is on a one-year diversion program for fleeing the scene of an accident back in July
100 Things Kansas Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die Book Signings
A new book about Kansas basketball is being released next week called 100 Things Kansas Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die.
There are two book signings in Lawrence next week and these are early release drops. Other stores won’t get them until late October/early November:
- October 5th — 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m the Kansas Bookstore on Level 2 of the Kansas Union. The Homecoming football game at Memorial Stadium will kickoff at 11 a.m.
- October 6th — 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 23rd Street Brewery
You can get more info about the book on the Facebook page.
Big 12 Championship rings
Today, the 2012-13 Kansas Jayhawks received their Big 12 Championship rings today.