Now that we’ve had a chance to see every Big 12 team play, this poll actually means something
1) Oklahoma – (No. 1 last week) – No surprise that the Sooners stomped Tulsa.
2) Baylor – (No. 2 last week) – Again, Baylor had a great performance, winning 70-6. They’ve allowed six points so far this season. That’s pretty good. I expect them to win big again this Friday vs. Buffalo.
3) Oklahoma State – (No. 5 last week) – The Cowboys move to 2-0 on the season after winning against Missouri State. It wasn’t a dominating win and perhaps they just weren’t as prepared for MSU after almost beating Florida
4) Kansas State – (No. 4 last week) – Kansas State was able to get a huge comeback win vs. Iowa State in Ames. I listened to this game on the radio and I wasn’t too surprised to see KSU go up early. However, I was surprised when Ames was able to score 28 points in the first half. Props to Snyder for being able to shutout the Cyclones in the second half to get the comeback win.
5) West Virginia – (No. 7 last week) – West Virginia was able to get a shutout win vs. Towson.
6) TCU – (No. 6 last week) – Bye week for TCU.
7) Texas – (No. 3 last week) – I look pretty foolish for ranking Texas so high in week one. What an embarrassing loss to BYU.
8) Texas Tech – (No. 8 last week) – Another narrow victory for the Red Raiders.
9) Kansas – (No. 10 last week) – The Jayhawks were able to pull of a win in the first game of the season. Now they head to Duke for a big road game. If they can beat Duke, Charlie Weis will be able to put one more thing behind this team. That of course, is losing almost 30 games straight on the road.
10) Iowa State – (No. 9 last week) – After suffering a terrible loss to North Dakota State, no one gave ISU a chance vs. KSU. To be able to score 28 points vs. KSU in the first half is impressive. But to blow a lead at home like they did is pretty disappointing.